Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Behind the stage

I'm desgining my graphical elements with Inkscape, which is a great, great tool. Here is an example with some concept art of the forest level... black platforms, blurred elements on the baground, glows, gradients... Really some effort is needed to make an appealing visual style...






For development I use Godot, which is a game-development engine: OpenSource , under the MIT licence and... supercool !! It has been released earlier this year in open source and this then the developement seems to go superfast. I'm very confident that it will very soon, in a year or so, compete favorably with Unity.




Here is a small snapshot of LittleShadows developement with Godot (you may notice that I'm using godot in Unity, but that's only my distro's name... :-) )
Setting the stage...

Setting up collision polygons to avoid interpenetrations

Adding few elements (trees, glows) to make the stuff a little more fancy...



1 comment: